- justlondonjobs - jobs just in London; you can search through the available jobs, and you can also subscribe to their newsletter - they send you, according to your desired keywords and area of expertise, periodical newsletters about the available jobs;
- cwjobs - one of the most recommended websites - IT jobs, permanent or contract IT jobs; you can upload your CV and then start applying for jobs(after you register with them); you can add a letter of intent for each job you apply for. Browse jobs by employer, location, keyword, popular keywords, etc; establish email alerts;
- totaljobs - find jobs all across the UK in areas such as: Accountancy, Aerospace, Agriculture, Fishing, Forestry, Banking, Insurance, Finance, Catering & Hospitality, Construction, Customer services, Call centres, Education, Electronics, Engineering, Manufacturing, Utilities, Graduate, Health, Nursing, Human resources, IT & Internet, Legal, Management consultancy, etc. They also have programs for graduates, and all kinds of tips, CV checker, advanced searches, company search, career health search, salary checker, etc.
- jobs.ac - job search in research, science, academic, universities, MB and PhD's, managerial, clerical, etc. Solid jobs with lots of things to prepare in order to apply.... but you get the answer(many times is NO, unless you are really the proper one for the job);
- monster - simply the best. All recruiters check the CV's posted on the monster.com/co.uk, and then they call you. You can apply at jobs once you register(simple process), update your CV, write some letters of intent, and then... apply! My conclusion is that many apply thru it, yet most of the recruiting companies call you based on what your CV says.
- guardian jobs - One of the best resources, safely find out and apply for jobs, many jobs are for the local councils and goverment agencies, universities, etc; usually, if a job is posted on the guardian jobs, then it is a good job&serious...
- cv-library - register your CV, and search for the jobs you want to apply - jobs in IT, office, retail, management, construction, administration, contractor, engineering, sales, etc.
- jobsite - their job is to give you a job; search for jobs or simply subscribe to receive jobs by email, with an account; sectors: accounts&finance, banking, construction, IT jobs, graduate jobs, sales, retail, recruitment jobs, etc. Search by sector or by location;
- jobserve - search for jobs in the UK. Lots of jobs. And you can subscribe to the newsletter or set some alerts, and find more jobs, I would say, than other websites. It's kindda' hard to unsubscribe though... Search thru the list of areas(Catering Jobs, Bar Jobs, Chef Jobs, Hospitality Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Customer Service Jobs, Call Centre Jobs, Customer Service Manager Jobs, etc), or by the post-code or county....
- computingcareers - IT director, IT manager, programmer, developer, project manager, IT consultant, internet/web developer, helpdesk, technical support, security, marketing, etc - some of the fields in IT they post jobs online; you can also receive alerts by email;
- careerbuilder - jobs, careers and employment - UK jobs; upload your CV, apply for the jobs you consider that they fit your CV, and search through the existing jobs; areas: all kinds of areas(accountancy, banking, construction, graduate, healthcare, IT, education, engineering, travel, marketing, sales, retail, etc.)
- jobtrack - register with them(email and pwd), fill in your CV or upload it, and start searching/applying for the jobs posted. They partner with StudyFromHome and the HotOnLine network - jobsite specialists; also, with the FullerCV - free CV reviews, CV advice, CV writing and templates;
- ukjobs - together with killerjobs - lots of jobs in lots of areas of expertise, search for jobs in domains such as accounting, constructions, IT, defence, retail, health, etc - you can also subscribe to job alerts by email;
- exec-appointments - looking for executive jobs? Here you have executive search, executive jobs, management jobs, in areas such as: construction, accounting, aviation, insurance, interim, goverment, healthcare, dubai, education, engineering, etc. Sponsored by the Financial Times, for joining you need to pay....
- agency: majorplayers - very active agency, finding jobs for people especially in the Digital area - advertising, PR, design, creative services, media, research, etc. They took an interest in me, and then... the credit crunch came....
- redcommerce - register your CV, choose the keywords, and they will send you alerts by email; SAP recruitment, SAP jobs, SAP software;
- premiergroupuk - a recruitment company specialising in technology staff;
- reed - yes, they're big, good, many branches, etc. Yes, you can apply for jobs and search for jobs once registered, yet no contact data of the recruiter is given out, and I applied for more than one hundred jobs and I heard from less than 5 of them... Search jobs by location, sector, recommeded jobs, or refine the search starting from the first page;
- iprofile - register free your CV, then apply for some jobs online;
- careers4london - web based facility dedicated to assisting the recruitment and job search process for Jobseekers and Employers operating in London and surrounding counties by providing a premier website advertising across all sectors.
Sunday, 8 February 2009
looking for a job - helpful websites
I was looking for a job for a little more than 3 months, and here are some websites that I would recommend; sorry, most of them are (or contain mainly) IT related job websites....