How to Kill A Community in 10 Easy Steps
- 1) Launch your community without a beta group.
- 2) Throw feature-spaghetti at the wall and hope something sticks
- 3) Don't "feed" your community once it is open.
- 4) Don't use off-line outreach and engagement techniques.
- 5) Assume size is THE critical differentiator.
- 6) Try to monetize the community at every opportunity.
- 7) Hire any staff who are on-the-bench to moderate the community.
- 8) Don't have a newsletter or steady, predictable communication to members.
- 9) Don't evolve the community based on member feedback and suggestions.
- 10) Measure meaningless metrics that make you look good.
On the other hand, there are many collaboration tools online, so here are some highlights - some great free tools for connecting and sharing with others(via missiontolearn).
15 Free Online Collaboration Tools and Apps
- Keep and Share