Perfecting Keyword Targeting & On-Page Optimization
How Do I Build the Perfectly Optimized Page?
- Take care of the HTML Head Tags(Title, Meta Description, Meta Keywords, Meta Robots,Rel="Canonical", Other Meta Tags)
- The URL: the length, the keyword location, subdomains vs pages, word separators
- Body Tags: Number of Keyword Repetitions, Keyword Density, Keyword Usage Variations, H1 Headline, H2/H3/H4/Hx, Alt Attribute, Image Filename, Bold/Strong, Italic/Emphasized, Internal Link Anchors, HTML Comments
- Internal Links & Location in Site Architecture: Click-Depth, Number/Percentage of Internal Links, Links in Content vs. Permanent Navigation, Link Location in Sidebars & Footers,
- Page Architecture: Keyword Location, Content Structure;
In the process of producing great web content, we sometimes forget, sometimes ignore and sometimes intentionally disobey the best practices laid out above
Best Practices for Ranking #1
Accessibility; Content; Basic On-Page Elements; User Experience; Marketing; Advanced/Thorough On-Page Optimization
Continue to read this article - of which I just listed the main points - via seomoz - Perfecting Keyword Targeting & On-Page Optimization.